One of the cities that JB Plumbing services on a regular basis is Walnut. In fact, we love working with folks in Walnut for myriad reasons:
- The City of Walnut offer a variety of amenities.
- Walnut boasts a strong business community.
- With such a small-town feel, citizens of Walnut watch out for each other.
JB Plumbing in Walnut, California
The professional plumbers from JB Plumbing in Walnut specialize in slab leak repair and leak detection services. Using high-tech equipment, we arrive on scene and immediately assess the source of any leaks as well as the repair work that such leaks require. After sharing our plan with the homeowners and working within their schedule, we immediately get to work. We not only repair leaks, but we are licensed general contractors who have lots of experience repairing damage. We either restore the house to pre-leak condition or revamp the area to make it even better than it was before the leak. Call us 24/7 to speak directly to a plumber who can help with your Walnut plumbing leak (909) 593-2194.
Walnut’s history dates to the Shoshone Indians, who the Spaniards called Gabrielino Indians by because they lived in an area controlled by the San Gabriel Mission. At that time, Walnut was primarily used for the grazing of cattle and sheep by the Mission. The Spaniards who first arrived, in the 1800’s, introduced the concept of the “rancho,” and began to develop the land agriculturally as well as domestically.
In 1868, John Rowland and William Workman divided Rancho La Puente, leaving Rowland the eastern half and Workman the western half. Rowland’s land included the western portion of Walnut. Owners used the land for raising cattle and growing wheat, grapes, and fruit trees.
In 1871, the Lemon Creek Park area became the property of Sheriff William Rowland, who inherited a 29,000-acre ranch from his father, John Rowland. The modest structure served as the home for the ranch foreman. On October 1, 1975, the State Landmark Committee placed the W.R. Rowland ranch house in the National Registry of Historical Places.
City of Walnut Facts
- Walnut has 30 miles of beautiful hiking trails.
- Business-friendly community offers easy access to four counties, located near three major freeways and with easy access to the Metrolink station.
- The City of Walnut is home to 30,000 residents
- 8,500 homes are in the city.
- The median home value is $664,662.
- Walnut boasts two excellent school districts
- The city has one of the lowest crime rates in Southern California.
Historical Landmarks in the City of Walnut
- Suzanne Park, which was the first park to be developed after the city was incorporated in 1959, which Walnut residents built.
- Bob Quattlebaum Windmill is a metal windmill located at Suzanne Park.
- Brookside Equestrian Center first belonged to the Sentous family and later used in the filming of the movie, National Velvet. The Walton family owns the ranch for equestrian programs, most notably as an Olympic training facility.
- R. Rowland Adobe Ranch House is an Adobe Ranch House, with thick adobe walls, heavy wide doors, wood shingled roof and dirt floors. It is the oldest building in Walnut.
- The first mayor, elected in 1959, Pete Bourdet, lived in Bourdet Home. He established the first Walnut water system.
- Martinez Adobe Site was built by Santiago Martinez (which is currently the Vejar Elementary School Site) Built in the 1840’s by Santiago Martinez. Adobe homes were perfect for the hot California Although the home is no longer standing, the site remains an important part of Walnut history.
- Carrey Home belonged to Pierre Carrey, the father of a man named Ernest Carrey. 8. Site of First Walnut City Hall.
- Wild Life Sanctuary, Mt. SAC is a 10-acre nature preserve established in 1964 to serve as a protected example of Walnut’s natural habitat.
- The Grove of Walnut Trees on Grand Avenue exemplifies native vegetation throughout the city of Walnut.
Plumbing Repair in Walnut
If you need assistance with your plumbing in and around the city of Walnut, give us a call. With us, you can expect upfront pricing; fast, free estimates; licensed, bonded and insured plumbers who are neat, polite, and well trained. We use state-of-the-art tools and equipment without hidden costs like travel charges. If you contact JB Plumbing today, 24/7, you will speak directly to a plumber instead of a telephone answering service. At JB Plumbing, we are experts in residential and commercial plumbing as well as construction. Call today to schedule an appointment. (909) 593-2194.